- This event has passed.
Grow Your Own Veg Workshop 2
July 26 @ 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm£40
The second in our series of workshops to support you in growing an abundance of veggies. Pick the brains of professional Grower Amelia Lake and get hands on experience in the no-dig market garden.
Tea, coffee and tasters will be served
This session focuses on making the most of your established veggie plot, knowing your plants and soil and keeping weeds and pests at bay so your veggies can thrive. The session will cover:
- No-dig gardening methods – get this innovative gardening approach explained and see it in action
- Fertility and soils – understand soil nutrients and how to make compost and compost teas
- Plant health – spotting the signs, knowing what to look for
- Pest control – how to keep pests at bay
- Weed control – different methods and when to use them
- Crop protection – what to use, when and why
- Tool choice, use and care – some key pieces of kit to help you out and how to look after them
- Successional growing – making sure you have lots of veg all year round
- Planning for winter – acting in summer for a winter harvest
This is the rescheduled course from June. Coronavirus measures will be in place to ensure safety for all attendees, hosts and the wider site.
This workshop will follow the Grow You Own Workshop 1 and we are offering a discount for attending both courses.