- This event has passed.
Grow Your Own Veg Workshop – Autumn
30th September 2018 @ 10:00 am - 1:30 pm£40
Our final Grow Your Own Worskshop for 2018 to get you mastering the skills in growing an abundance of veggies all year round with professional Grower Amelia Lake.
Tea and tasters from the garden will be served
This final workshop is focused on refining your growing skills, getting ready for winter, conserving soil, saving seed, ensuring a winter abundance and using greenhouses and polytunnels to their best.
- No-dig gardening methods – get this innovative gardening approach explained and see it in action
- Autumn veggies – the keys to success with autumn veggies
- Polytunnels, greenhouses and coldframes – make the most of them
- Preserving the abundance – storing your veg successfully and healthily
- Seed saving – simple seed saving and storing methods to save you money
- Soil care & green manures – what soil needs from us at this time of year and preparing for next season
- Winter crops – how to keep the veg coming in the dark months
- Preparing for winter – using covers, controlling pests and setting down for winter
These workshops work as stand alone courses but work best together, a £10 discount is applied on booking all three.