- This event has passed.
Grow your own workshop – Spring
March 24 @ 10:00 am - 1:30 pm£40
The first of three workshops on everything you need to know to plan and start your own veggie plot. Get hands on experience in a commercial market garden and pick the brains of a professional.
Tea and tasters from the garden will be served
Head Grower and designer, Amelia Lake is back in the garden with another great grow your own workshop. Aimed at both beginners and experienced growers, the workshop will include a full tour of the Real Food Garden and provide you with the skills and knowledge to create an abundant veggie plot. The workshop will include hands on experience and will cover:
- No-dig gardening methods – how you can have lots of veggies and never dig again!
- Organic growing – the principles and practices of growing organic veggies
- Know your soil and site – soil science made fun. Bring a sample and get to know your soil and site
- Rotation – understand this key element of growing veggies
- Vegetable families – know your veg and what they need to thrive
- Seed sowing – opportunity to look at different methods and have a go yourself
- Planning your plot – take time to reflect on your plot and get advice
These workshops work as stand alone courses but work best together, a £10 discount is applied on booking all three.