- This event has passed.
Grow Your Own Veg Workshop – Summer
24th June 2018 @ 10:00 am - 1:30 pm£40
The second in our series of workshops to support you in growing an abundance of veggies. Pick the brains of professional Grower Amelia Lake and get hands on experience in the no-dig market garden.
Tea, coffee and tasters will be served
This session focuses on making the most of your established veggie plot, knowing your plants and soil and keeping weeds and pests at bay so your veggies can thrive. The session will cover:
- No-dig gardening methods – get this innovative gardening approach explained and see it in action
- Fertility and soils – understand soil nutrients and how to make compost and compost teas
- Plant health – spotting the signs, knowing what to look for
- Pest control – how to keep pests at bay
- Weed control – different methods and when to use them
- Crop protection – what to use, when and why
- Tool choice, use and care – some key pieces of kit to help you out and how to look after them
- Successional growing – making sure you have lots of veg all year round
- Planning for winter – acting in summer for a winter harvest
These workshops work as stand alone courses but work best together, a £10 discount is applied on booking all three.