The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name, address, telephone number and email address, IP address and cookies)
- If you volunteer with us, we may collect data pertaining to your employment history and medical history
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To sign you up to our veg box scheme.
- To keep you up to date with our news and events.
- To join our volunteer programme or traineeship scheme.
- To provide you with an email or text receipt from our Farm Shop.
We collect this information by the following methods:
- Via our website.
- Via our email.
- Through our events.
- By direct communication with you including email, telephone, post or social media.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- When you visit our shop we may collect CCTV footage for security purposes only.
- When you use our website or social media channels we gather data from you using cookies and other internet tracking software such as Google Analytics.
We use the information that you have given us to:
- Provide our product or services to you.
- Respond to your queries, complaints, or refund requests.
- Keep a record of your relationship with us and your information up to date.
- Process payments.
- Invite you to our events and process your bookings.
- Send you requests for feedback via surveys to help improve our service and products.
- Ensure our website content is presented in an accessible manner.
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes or by Legitimate Interests.
- Notify you about changes to our products or services.
- Send you requests for feedback via surveys to help improve our service.
We may share this information with third parties for the reasons listed below:
- We may pass your data to third party external organisations where we are required by the law, where it is necessary to administer the relationship between us or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so
- We use third party service providers such as agents, subcontractors and other organisations to help us provide services to you. These could include:
- Web hosting and email storage via Gandi
- Digital marketing services such as Mailchimp
- Web analytics such as Google Analytics.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(f) We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
We have put in place reasonable and appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
We will hold your personal information on our system for as long as is necessary for the processing of our contractual obligations with you or when you give consent for us to maintain you personal data. We will keep your personal information on our secure server for up to 36 months after your last order, last attendence at an event or last volunteer day. If your relationship with us ends either as part of our retention or as a request under Article 17 of the General Data Protection Regulation your personal information will be held securely on a deactivated basis for the remainder of our legal obligations to meet government financial and audit regulations for a maximum of 7 years unless there is an extended legal basis to retain for longer.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your
Your right to object to processing for marketing purposes - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information for marketing purposes.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07825240677 or The Real Food Garden, Trelowarth, Inches, Bodmin, Cornwall UK PL30 5LR if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com or 07825240677 or The Real Food Garden, Trelowarth, Inches, Bodmin, Cornwall UK PL30 5LR
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk